3 tbsp olive oil
2 red onion, halved and cut into rings
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
2 chocolate Sweet Palermos, halved and cut into rings
1 aubergine, finely diced
1.25 l water
2 vegetable stock cubes
65 g pistachio nuts, toasted
80 g goat’s cheese
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Heat a little olive oil in a large saucepan and soften the onion and garlic. Then add the chopped Sweet Palermo and aubergine and fry for a few more minutes, stirring continuously.
2. Add the water and the stock cubes and bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 minutes until everything is cooked.
3. In the meantime, finely chop the pistachio nuts and crumble the goat’s cheese.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and purée the mixture into a smooth soup.
5. Transfer the soup into bowls and garnish with the goat’s cheese and pistachio nuts. Season to taste with salt and pepper if desired.