2 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp paprika powder
1 chili pepper, deseeded and cut into rings
4 different colour Sweet Palermo’s
0.8 Sweet Palermo of each colour (any colour), chopped
0.2 Sweet Palermo of each colour, finely chopped for the garnish
1 can of tinned chopped tomatoes
1 l chicken stock (made from stock cubes)
1 piece of chorizo for frying, thinly sliced
4 sprigs of mint, coarsely chopped
1. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large saucepan and soften the red onion (for 4 min) over a low heat. Then add the garlic, cumin powder, paprika powder and chili pepper and cook for a further minute.
2. Add 0.8 of the chopped Sweet Palermos and stir-fry for a few more minutes. Then add the tinned chopped tomatoes and stock and stir well.
3. Leave the soup to simmer gently over a low heat for at least 10 minutes.
4. Fry the chorizo in a pan until it is nice and crispy.
5. Then purée the soup and season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Serve the soup in bowls garnished with the remaining chopped Sweet Palermo, chorizo and mint.