2 large starchy potatoes
1 large onion
1 clove of garlic
1 red Sweet Palermo
1 small yellow Sweet Palermo for the garnish
4 tbsp parsley
100 g chorizo
2 tbsp oil for frying
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp mild paprika powder
6 tbsp aioli (garlic mayonnaise)
8 slices of baguette
8 cocktail sticks
1. Peel and boil the potatoes until they are almost cooked. Drain and leave to cool, then cut into slices.
2. Finely chop the onion and crush the clove of garlic. Finely dice the red Sweet Palermo and chop the small yellow Sweet Palermo into rings. Then finely chop the parsley and slice the chorizo.
3. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and soften the onion and garlic over a medium heat first. Then add the potato slices and fry until golden brown. Lastly, add the chorizo and diced red Sweet Palermo and continue frying for a few more minutes. Sprinkle with a little paprika powder to add flavour, stir through carefully using a wooden spoon and then reduce the heat.
4. Whisk the eggs together with 2 tbsp chopped parsley and a little salt, and then add the mixture to the pan. Put the lid on the pan and leave to cook over a low heat for 8 minutes. Use a large plate to flip the tortilla over and then cook the other side for a further 4 minutes.
5. Toast the slices of baguette until golden brown, then spread them with a little aioli. Garnish the tortilla with the yellow Sweet Palermo rings and the rest of the parsley. To serve, slice the tortilla into wedges and place one on each slice of toasted baguette, secured with a cocktail stick.