375 g (truss) tomatoes, cut into wedges
4 chocolate Sweet Palermos, chopped
4 tbsp olive oil
2 onions, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
1 l vegetable stock
15 g basil, finely chopped
100 g pitless kalama olives, finely chopped
½ chili pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
4 sprigs of flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
2. Put the tomato, Sweet Palermo and carrot on a baking tray, drizzle with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Then roast the vegetables in the oven for approximately 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
3. Soften the onion and garlic in a little olive oil in a large saucepan.
4. Add the roasted vegetables to the pan and then pour in the stock. Bring to the boil and simmer gently for a few minutes. Remove from the heat, add the basil and then purée the mixture into a smooth soup.
5. Mix together the olives, chili pepper and flat-leaf parsley in a little olive oil.
6. Transfer the soup to bowls and garnish with the olive mixture.
Tip: serve with toasted wholemeal pita bread