800 g potatoes, peeled and evenly chopped
2 orange Sweet Palermos, cut into strips
2 red onions, halved and cut into rings
250 g bacon lardons
2 tbsp olive oil for frying
20 g butter
salt and pepper
75 ml milk, warm
1 tbsp mustard
1 tsp paprika powder
1 small iceberg lettuce, cut into thin strips
8 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, finely chopped
1. Cover the bottom of a large saucepan with a layer of water and bring to the boil, then cook the potatoes for 20 minutes until soft.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 225 degrees Celsius.
3. Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan and fry the Sweet Palermo, onion and lardons for a few minutes until crispy and cooked.
4. Drain the potatoes and then add the butter, warm milk, mustard and paprika powder and mash together until smooth.
5. Using a large spoon, stir the Sweet Palermo mixture, iceberg lettuce and sun-dried tomatoes into the mash to make stamppot. Transfer the stamppot to an oven-proof dish.
Serving suggestion: delicious with smoked sausage