4 red Sweet Palermo’s
400g of lamb mince
2 shallots, chopped
1 egg yolk
1/2 dessert spoon of ground cumin
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
1 red pepper, finely chopped and seeds removed
2 sprigs of mint leaves, chopped
150g of feta
8 wooden skewers
1. Heat a grill pan and grill the peppers until they are black all over. Place them in a dish and cover them with cling film. This will loosen the skin.
2. Mix the lamb mince with the shallot, garlic, red pepper, mint, cumin and egg yolk. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Peel the aubergine and cut it into ± 2cm-thick slices. Remove the skin and seeds from the peppers. Cut them in half lengthways.
4. Roll the mince into 8 balls and place the pepper halves around them, then fix in place using the skewers. Place each of the stuffed peppers on a slice of aubergine and then put them on a greased baking tray.
5. Bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 10 min, then place a slice of feta onto each one and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes.
6. Arrange the stuffed peppers on the plates and serve with a fresh salad and a garnish of fresh herbs.